Sunday, October 07, 2007

Burma Updated

On the day that people marched through Westminster to continue the protests against the atrocities against peaceful demonstrators in Burma, an article went up on the Sutton Guardian website about my experience at the Burmese Embassy at the end of September. I am very grateful to journalist Heather Darlington and the Sutton Guardian to diverting from their normal diet of local news to highlight such an event. You can read the article here.

I edited my previous video in a hurry before rushing to Blackpool so I have re-edited it with better sound. You can watch it here. Finally whilst I'm linking to everyone, have a quick scoot around the Burma Campaign UK website to see how you can add your voice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a good thing our council reps look outside of Sutton at times to the wider World.

Its easy to forget some people are still under these vicious regemes, well done councillor Scully.

Anonymous said...

Have a horrible feeling Burma may suffer the apathy of the west akin to Tibet. Strange how we dont "force the issue" where countries are in China's backyard.

Could always stick a few oil wells in, that may get someone interested.

Hundreds of millions of people have died fighting to prevent events like this occurring, it is now 2007, didnt learn much did we?