Friday, August 11, 2006

'Nuff No Respect for Galloway


George Galloway has made an extraordinary outburst on Sky News defending Hizbollah in a ten minute rant. He tears a strip off the Sky News reporter, Anna Botting, accusing the Murdoch-owned channel of pro-Israeli bias.

I am saddened that this man can use his position as an MP to posture in such a way, inflaming a tinderbox issue. Taking his £59k salary and using his £20k office expenses and £84k secretarial salary to spread his brand of hatred is one thing. Supplementing this with income from Celebrity Big Brother and his one man show to the detriment of his work for residents of Bethnal Green & Bow is another. Last November the Government won a crucial vote on the very Terror Bill that he had railed against to his constituents. The vote was won by a solitary vote. George Galloway was performing in his one man show and so did not go through the lobby.

In his interview, he calls for the release of several prisoners including Samir Kuntar. Read the following extract from an account written by an Israeli social worker, Smadar Haran, of the time her family encountered Kuntar in 1979 with fatal consequences. Then decide if you agree with Galloway.

"It had been a peaceful Sabbath day. My husband Danny and I had picnicked with our little girls, Einat, 4, and Yael, 2, on the beach not far from our home in Naharyia, a city on the northern coast of Israel. Around midnight, we were asleep in our apartment when four terrorists from Lebanon landed in a rubber boat on the beach two blocks away.

"Gunfire and exploding grenades awakened us. Desperately we sought to hide. Danny helped our neighbour climb into a crawl space above our bedroom. I went in behind her with Yael in my arms. Then Danny grabbed Einat and was dashing out of the front door when the terrorists came crashing in. They held Danny and Einat while they searched for me and Yael.

"I will never forget the joy and the hatred in their voices as they swaggered about hunting for us, firing their guns and throwing grenades. I knew that if Yael cried out, the terrorists would toss a grenade into the crawl space, so I kept my hand over her mouth. As I lay there, I remembered my mother telling me how she had hidden from the Nazis during the Holocaust."

The terrorists took Danny and Einat down to the beach. There, one of them shot Danny in front of Einat so that his death would be the last sight she would ever see. Then he smashed my little girl's skull in against a rocket with his rifle butt. That terrorist was Samir Kuntar. By the time we were rescued from the crawl space hours later, Yael, too, was dead. In trying to save all our lives I had smothered her"

A Tear came to my eye when I read this excerpt from Guido Fawkes blog as they do now as I write. (Hat-tip also to Iain Dale for the video link.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This page is fantastic, what you show us is very interesting and important, do you want to see something more? Look: Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: Jaco Rental Beach Condo, Jaco Rentals Beach Condo,Vacation Condos in Jaco Beach for Rent. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/