Saturday, June 09, 2007

Carnival Time

I can't say that there has ever been a crowd of people beating a path to my Council Surgery door and this morning was no exception. I was delighted to have the company of some wonderful people at the Ecology Centre, preparing their float for this year's Carshalton Carnival. I was told that Sutton's Meals on Wheels had won three of the last four years' competitions for 'Best Float'. This year's entry was a feat of engineering with Dumbo strapped onto the roof of a Meals on Wheels van.

I later found out that they had won second prize. I hope that they didn't lose because of the balloon that I had tied on a little too high. If I didn't know that they could always use more volunteers, I would have said that I should have left it to the professionals. Never mind, their thoughts would have already turned to next year.

No comments: